International edition of CatSub?
In 2006, we carried out a questionnaire survey to find out whether there was a need for an international edition of CatSub. The questionnaire survey received support from the chemicals group of the Nordic Council.
A mail questionnaire was distributed to 67 persons, who we believed had an interest in the topic. We had 23 responses.
The survey showed a great interest in an international edition of CatSub. All the respondents were very sympathetic to the idea of a tool for exchanging substitution experiences. They indicated that an international edition of CatSub would support the work on substitution in their respective countries.
Quotations from the respondents:
- Yes, this is a very important project, and it is often difficult to find suitable substitutes for hazardous products.
- I think that it's very important to have a good tool for the substitution of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. Substitution is the main way of controlling chemical hazards.
- Substitution is a complicated process - alertness to successes, and analysis of successes and of possible fail factors are very useful.
- Good examples showing good working solutions in similar applications will be of good help for those who are looking for alternatives. A central web site that is well known for its information may help speed up the process of substitution.
- I encourage you to carry out this project. We think it will be very useful. (Spain)
- Good initiative!
Based on this survey, JobLiv Danmark suggests that the work be continued in order to establish an international web site offering a tool for exchanging substitution experiences. The survey has provided a lot of good contacts and knowledge of institutions and initiatives relevant to work on substitution, and JobLiv Danmark would like to continue the work in cooperation with relevant stakeholders.